Friday, February 11, 2011

january, february...









These photos are not very good but they get the point across...I made some fabric swatch cards for a friend's birthday. I enjoy making cards for gift and especially love putting a few added details on them with stamps. " The tag says "Gratulerer Med Dagen" which means "Happy Birthday" in Norwegian. My friend is from Norway and now lives in Charlotte with her American husband and they are expecting a baby boy in 4 weeks! 

I am also eagerly waiting for another friend of mine to have her baby. She is due on Valentine's Day and the baby has already descended to the correct position (his/her head is down at the pelvis) so it could be any day now! For their baby, I made my first real quilt. I used an assortment of colors and patterns for the patches since we don't know if it is a boy or girl. I hope to take some pictures of it one of these days. It has inspired me to experiment more with quilting. I don't really want to make stereotypical quilts (and want to escape the instant image we get when we think of quilting...i.e. grandmothers) but I do want to take the basic patchwork concept and apply it to not just blankets but an assortment of things, not just blankets. I especially love the log cabin block/square...


via quilt dad

I also think that this maybe something I want to pursue and eventually start selling on etsy, etc. I have yet to find something I really want to spend my time making and perfecting and trying to sell. There are plenty of things I enjoy making but there hasn't really been something I want to create into a product to sell. I may have just now stumbled upon something...

Also my friend who is about to have a baby any day lent me a lovely and very inspiring book...

Patchwork Style
Besides quilting and waiting on babies to be born, Jeremiah and I have finally picked out a camera to purchase. There are plenty of really nice cameras I would love to buy but we have a very limited budget so we have done our research and picked out a point and shoot that has gotten good reviews. We have a little more saving to do and then hopefully I will have a brand new camera to take as many photos as I want so this blog will be busting at the seams with them and not just words (or half blurry photos)! 


Nikon Coolpix S8100
It is time to start planning our garden for the spring! Also I want to make a braided rag rug for my living room. I found a rather easy video on how to make one.

happy valentine's day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment...