second annual apple picking excursion to carter mountain orchard.
Monday, November 12, 2012
lentil soup with kale, mushrooms & parmesan.
a basic outline:
handful of button mushrooms
bunch of kale
two celery stalks
cup of green lentils
2 quarts [good] vegetable stock
1. slice onions into half moons.
coarsely chop kale.
thinly slice celery.
2. sautee onions in oil/butter/ghee until translucent.
add mushrooms and celery.
3. add stock.
bring to a boil.
4. add lentils.
simmer until tender.
add a few slices of parmesan.
taste & add generous amount of salt & pepper if needed.
5. serve with grated parmesan & toast/croutons.
Thursday, November 8, 2012
here's what has been going on with us austins lately:
1. yesterday i made my second batch of this homemade yogurt recipe. this time around i did not strain out the whey leaving more yogurt to eat!
2. this past weekend we made our second annual pilgrimage to carter mountain orchard with our dear friends alex + celena. hope to have pictures of the excursion up soon.
3. jeremiah made a video tutorial on how to make authentic southern sweet tea. it's way too long but informative.
Thursday, November 1, 2012
i am so happy it is november and that it is nice & cold outside!!
i love how with each season's arrival i am reminded of beautiful memories and am always eager to settle into the beauty of that particular season.
the smells of fall make me long for a thanksgiving table filled to the brim with tasty foods and surrounded on all sides by my dear family.
remember to take-in the beauty of november this year!