Friday, October 14, 2011




the leaves are turning some amazing colors here!
yesterday i visited jeremiah at his new job in farmville.
the ride was so beautiful...rolling hills, pastureland and trees full with fall foliage.
last night i made of batch of granola using this recipe.
i didn't have any dried fruit so all my granola has is oats, sunflowers seeds and coconut but it's still very tasty!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
at the moment, i am reading animal, vegetable, miracle by barbara kingsolver.
it's really making me think twice about how far a lot of my food has traveled and about going without certain foods simply because it took 1500+ miles for them to end up in my pantry/fridge.
whatever happened to eating seasonally and locally?
none of this is new to me but i am finally ready to step up and take responsibility for the food i purchase and the people and practices i support by my purchases.
our current mode of food shopping and eating is not sustainable and i want to do my part to help change that.
luckily, i am surrounded by an abundance of farms, produce stands and farmer's market to aid me in my new quest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment...