Saturday, December 17, 2011


happy december seventeenth!
it is now officially christmas break for the austin family!
jeremiah and i are in the process of family hopping...nc to texas to nc again.
it's definitely the best time of year.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on a different note, today has been filled with thoughts on weight...my body weight to be exact.
what brought this on?
jean shopping.
do i want to sound like a stereotypical girl right now? no.
but, really, shopping for things like jeans can bring out this most stereotypical worry for any girl.
[as can other things, like eating (while other people are refraining) and exercising (when you are not the one doing it].

i am pretty okay with my body, but i do have my own worries and insecurities about it.
i have accepted the fact that i will never be a size 2 or anywhere close to a 110 pounds ever again.
i could probably tailor my diet and exercise routine enough to get somewhere close to those numbers but, in all honesty, i have no desire (zero) to put that much worry and obsession (as i know it would become for me) into something.
it would have absolutely nothing to do with my health.
and that's where the issue lies.

health.
the only reason i want to care about my body weight is because i care about my health.
not because i care about what i look like in a swimsuit or in a pair jeans.
yes, i want to look pretty.
but i want to be okay if i can't fit into a skinny pair of jeans because i have thighs and a behind that make jeans that hug my ankles look ridiculous.
or that i can't wear a certain cut of a dress because i have a chest and a behind, once again, and would end up looking falsely pregnant rather than fashionable. 
i want to watch how much sugar i intake or the amount of food i eat at a meal or how much i exercise a week because i care about my overall health.
because when i am 80 i want to be able to touch my toes and go for long walks and do yoga.

 i am sick, sick, sick of comparing myself and beating up myself and not appreciating what i do have.
i can't do this for the rest of my life.
i can't play this game with other girls.
i just cannot stand to think of dealing constantly with this issue of weight for the rest of my life but i know i will. 
but in the midst of the struggle, i am determined to fight a few things.
number one being the self-condemning and body-analyzing talk, especially with other ladies.
i want to be able to admit my flaws or a goal i may have, but all in a healthy, positive manner. 
that's it.
not easy but simple.

there is so much more i could write about this but my train of thought has left me and i feel pretty relieved by what i have written already.
i don't want to sound like i am coming down on people who do work really hard at having a well-oiled machine of a body.
it's impressive.
but it's not me.
 and i am learning to be okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment...