Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pinned Image
via la tartine gourmande.

quiet evening spent reading and reading in my parents' living room.
we have a little cozy fire burning.
i split my first logs tonight for our little fire.
what an empowering feeling to fill the hearth with an armful of wood that i helped chop with my own two hands!
(well, in all honesty, the logs were already split but i just split the logs further so that they would burn easier...i still raised an ax above my head and made one log into two! i'll tackle the whole logs later.)

tonight i have been reading and reading about all things to do with homesteading.
my mind is running wild with thoughts about chickens and gardens and foraging and much more.
i borrowed a lovely little book from a friend last night (Made From Scratch by Jenna Woginrich).
i started reading it today and am now overloaded with thoughts and ideas and imaginings of what i could do.
it has rekindled in me some of my early aspirations and goals for amelia and now i feel recharged and ready for our return home to country life.