Friday, January 27, 2012


around here.
today i made a batch of these tasty cookies.
i used cranberry and strawberry jam and i bypassed the hearts.
just simple thumbprints.

here is a gourd birdhouse i purchased in farmville the other day.
i walked into a store that i thought would be up my alley and it definitely was not.
the minute i walk in, i see an older woman to my left painting a gourd birdhouse and then an older man to my right weaving a basket.
it's a small store and no one else was in there.
i tried not to panic and decided to just walk around for few minutes and pretend like i was interested in what they were selling.
unfortunately, there was not much there to peak my interest.
a lot of painted blocks of woods with different sayings on them and painted birdhouses.
just not my style.
and then i saw this gourd birdhouse for $4.50. 
simple and beautiful to me.
come to find out most everything in the store was made by their hands...and the gourds were grown by them.
i was impressed and glad to support them.
i am happy with my little purchase. 
come spring i might put it out for the birds but for now, i will happily keep it displayed in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment...