Thursday, January 19, 2012


i have a new sewing project on my hands.
this is a photo of a project i worked on a few weeks back.
i made a patchwork bib for a new cousin of mine.
unfortunately i forgot to take pictures of the finished product.

now i am working on a making a dress for my aunt-in-law's wedding in april.
i am so excited about my new project that i find myself occasionally day dreaming about it.
with this new project, i am trying to teach myself how to custom fit a pattern.
sometimes a pattern needs some tweaking here and there to make it fit your body shape correctly.
adjusting the pattern to fit your dimensions will dramatically change the look of your finished product and probably save you a  lot of heartache and frustration in the end.

here are links to a video series and a few blogs that i find helpful and inspiring in the sewing department...

Gertie's Guide to Tissue Fitting a Pattern, Part One - this video series is my number one aid in helping me to custom fit my pattern

Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing

Adventures in Dressmaking

Tilly and the Buttons

i plan on posting pictures of my new sewing project throughout its construction.
it's a very simple pattern but will probably take me a while to create.
i hope one day to be a highly skilled seamstress like the women on the blogs mentioned above.
it won't happen overnight or without some trial and error so i will keep plugging along project by project and try to teach myself new skills and new techniques with each new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment...