Friday, January 6, 2012


so two days ago i went to work with jeremiah...
more like he went to work and i explored the surrounding town.
when we arrived at his workplace, i jumped in the driver's seat and went in search of a place to spend my morning.
(side note: due to a few car issues, we are down to one car at the moment so in order to escape the house and experience civilization, i chose to go to work with the husband).
well it just so happens the only place opened at 7 in the morning in farmville is mcdonald's.
and that is where i broke my detox with a yogurt and a plain biscuit.
mcdonald's is not my favorite establishment around and is forever on the bottom of places I want to eat at but when it's 7 in the morning and 15 degrees outside, it's tempting.
honestly, this is not how i envisioned breaking my detox but, given the circumstances, it worked.

after filling up my belly, i spent the rest of the day exploring, putting in job applications and doing a little "homework".
it was a really nice day out of the house and it helped to brighten my spirits quite a bit.
i am hoping to spend more time in farmville volunteering at a pregnancy center and working part-time somewhere.

slowly we are taking small steps to get ourselves settled in this new place.
it's quite encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment...