Friday, November 5, 2010

relax, never.

It's been over two weeks since I have written. Hopefully, I will not let this become a trend.

As expected, I have become extremely engrossed in my new house and it is very hard for me to pull myself away from it, even to go to Common Market and get coffee and use the internet. I am getting better now. For a few days there, Jeremiah thought I would never relax again and would always be in decorating-mode. Now I will take the time to watch a movie or even sit down and sew a bit. But it's not too long till I am back to making a list and walking through the house to see what else needs to be done.

Here is a little bit of what has been going on at the Austin residence for the past two weeks...

fresh apples from an orchard up in VA. compliments of my sweet mother-in-law! they have now been simmered into soft sweetness with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, sugar, water and more sugar.

jeremiah in his tool pantry. the only space we had left in the house for his tools. he's a trooper!

my china cabinet! repainted and decorated. finally. thanks mom and dad for bringing it to us from burlington. it will be well loved here.

my linen "closet" in the laundry room. full of sheets, tablecloths, towels, and more.

my collection of rags which i use instead of paper towels. working very well so far.

my take on white bean and escarole soup from the recipe book, the broccoli forest. a lovely vegetarian cookbook.

our neighborhood owl!! he's the blob to the left under the street lamp.

spotting him was one of the most exciting parts of our new home so far. hopefully he will stay in the neighborhood and be our owl friend. and hopefully if he does, he won't eat any of my mimis (cats).


happy friday and happy november!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment...